Laying the foundation today … for the future of OUR youth.
Caring For Young Minds’ mission is to provide the framework for minority students to develop positive relationships that will encourage academic achievement, self-direction, self-esteem, social competence, problem-solving skills by facilitating meaningful interactions with certified educational instructors, community leaders and dedicated parents to help students achieve their full potential by successfully completing their high school careers and continuing on to institutions of higher learning.
Caring For Young Minds Black College Tour was established with a vision to expose students to historically black colleges and universities. Students in middle school and high school have the opportunity to visit and experience different colleges and universities during the week of Spring Break to decide where they want to further their studies and gain the knowledge to select a major.
Since 1998, the Caring for Young Minds Black College Tour has taken hundreds of young African Americans to Black College campuses. Regardless of the destination, each student realizes the experience was much more enriching than a mere tour. Venturing afar or local, all of the students return home with a greater sense of what it means to attain good grades and attend a historically black college or university.
- To provide a framework for positive future growth and decision making skills.
- To help students develop his/her own vision for the future.
- To encourage students to develop to their fullest potential.
- To help develop effective problem solving skills and effective communication skills.
- To provide students with opportunities to visit institutions of higher learning, and to network and connect with admissions representatives in order to spark their interest and increase their chances to attend, complete and obtain a degree in higher education.
- To provide students with opportunities to participate in seminars and workshops on goal setting, time management, test-taking skills, career planning, college readiness and life-skills taught by licensed educators and successful business people.